HI friends, well I have lots to show you!
I finished my unicorn tee-shirt, project #4. It took much longer then I thought it would, but I learned a lot! I may try to stitch on clothing again, although I might use a smaller pattern. Here are the photos of my progress! In my last post about this I was still working on the bottom and left hand side of the cross stitch pattern.
I used a sharp needle to stitch, rather than an embroidery needle. there were 3 layers I needed to pierce with the needle on this project!
Below the large image is the finished pattern. I even filled in the heart on the Horse in a lighter teal color, and outlined the unicorn in black back stitching. In the smaller images you can see I began the monster task of pulling out the strands of waste canvas! As this was a rather large project… it took a while to pull every strand free!
More pulling… it took about 5 hours to pull all the stands free. I used the blunt end of my needle to push up the strands between cross stitches when I had to.
All the pulling is done! Now the background is light purple like the rest of the shirt. I trimmed the fusing paper on the inside of the shirt.
Now its just time to…wear it!
Sorry for the poor image quality. I had to use my less than focused Phone camera!